Friday, March 14, 2014

A Feeling Of Peace

About 20 years ago, I thought to myself that one day I wanted a book called Conversion. I wrote it down on a tattered piece of paper. I told Jim many times over the years, "I'm going to write a book someday." I'm not sure he ever took me serious.

As the years went on, I added more titles to that tattered piece of paper. I still have that paper. I think there are eight titles on it now. I've crossed off two. :)

I just discovered a little while ago that my paperback version of Conversion is available. It took me by surprise because it just popped up as I was adding the title to Goodreads.

Here is the link to the paperback:

I cleaned my room this morning because I had a burst of energy and because it needed it badly. I came across an article from the Church News for the week of August 25, 2013 called "Campus Education Week: Converted Woman's Voice is Immeasurable and Needed" quoting some of the talk Elder Ballard gave at BYU Education Week.

One of the things he said in that talk was, "The power of a converted woman's voice is immeasurable, and the Church needs your voices now more than ever..." Wow.

He also said,  "The world needs women of the Church who know the doctrine of Christ and who can bear testimony of the Restoration. Never has there been a more complex time in the history of the earth. Satan and his minions have been perfecting the weapons in their arsenal for millennia, and they are experienced at destroying faith and trust in God and the Lord Jesus Christ among the human family. All — women, men, young adults, youth, young boys and girls — have the Lord's purposes and His Church to defend, protect and spread throughout the earth..."

I am humbled by the following in which he said, "More distinctive, influential voices of faith from women are needed — for only women can show the world what women of God who have made covenants look like and believe."

"None of us can afford to stand by and watch the purposes of God be diminished and pushed aside," he said. "I invite particularly you sisters here and throughout the Church to seek the guidance of heaven in knowing what you can do to let your voice of faith and testimony be heard.…"

He said, "We must all defend our Savior and testify that He is the Christ, that His Church has been restored to the earth, that there is such a thing as right and wrong. If we are to have the courage to speak out and defend the Church, we must first prepare ourselves through study of the truths of the gospel."

Finding that article this morning was a tender mercy. It brought tears to my eyes. I hope in some small way I have done just what Elder Ballard was talking about. My book Conversion, about becoming "converted unto the Lord," is my offering to Him written specifically to do just what Elder Ballard was talking about. If it helps just one person, it was worth the time and effort it took to write it and the 20 years of thinking about it. I have a feeling of peace about having accomplished something that's so important to me and hopefully useful to the Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment