Monday, April 21, 2014

A Very Nice Easter

Yesterday was as lovely an Easter as I can remember. I am grateful for the opportunity I had to attend church and worship with other people who love the Lord as I do. Our classes were good and our sacrament meeting was very touching. I simply had an overwhelming sense of gratitude to the Lord for all He has done for me. The commandment to "Always Remember Him" is so simple, but so important. (Sacrament covenants-Moroni Chapter 4)  Jesus did so much for us and all He asks us to do is remember Him. I try to do that daily, but I am especially grateful on Easter.

We enjoyed a wonderful dinner with our family yesterday. My Mom went out of her way to make a ham and two dishes of potatoes which were very good. She brought fabulous desert and Gregory made his amazing rolls. He's very good at that. Here are some pictures, none of my Mom or Jim unfortunately, and Elisa couldn't make it.
What's Easter without a little girl
in an Easter bonnet...
 a nice Easter dinner,
and family?!
Sarah, Nathan, Hannah, and Gregory
 Jessa and Ian
Wonderful
Sarah and Gregory
 
More wonderful
 Wade and Emma
They are happy together.
Wade watching the Easter egg hunt.
Squinting is good.
It means the sun is shining. :)
 Sarah and Hannah
Can she be any cuter?
Gregory and Nathan
I have several Easter baskets...
no matter...
grocery bags work just fine I guess.
On the hunt.
Down low
Up high
Who put one in the tree?
Look up Hannah
Ian hoisted Nathan up. Whew.
They'll make good parents someday. :)
 We missed Elisa.
And of course we missed Seth.
 But he's off teaching some pretty
 serious stuff apparently.
 That's more like it. :)

They really are true messengers of the Savior. :)

"How beautiful upon the mountains 
are the feet of him that bringeth good tidings,
 that publisheth peace
that bringeth good tidings of good,
 that publisheth salvation;
 that saith unto Zion,
 Thy God reigneth!" 

Here's a little from his email home today:

"It was a good week here in Georgia. We had some good lessons, we found some solid new investigators, we have been improving our teaching and finding skills, and we have been working a little bit better with the members.

I got to the end of the a long chain of the Isaiah chapters in 2 Nephi, and then I read the last verse of chapter 24: “What shall then answer the messengers of the nations? That the Lord hath founded Zion, and the poor of his people shall trust in it.” I felt that was symbolic of missionary work, or just our lives in general. Sometimes we go through these long periods of time where everything is confusing or hard (like the Isaiah chapters). But at the very end the Lord establishes Zion. It doesn't matter what condition we get there, just as long as we get there. Sometimes I imagine other missionaries approaching the gate of this Zion with perfect clothes, good posture, strength to spare, and amazing hair. Then I imagine myself approaching the gate covered in mud, crawling, and being completely exhausted. But the important thing is that we get there. The Lord's work gets done, and we get better in the process, even if we think we don't... 


As I have been out, I have learned that there are two things that never fall, no matter what. The Book of Mormon is one. It seriously stands up against anything! It is amazing. There is a reason it is the keystone of our religion. The second is a sincere testimony of the Savior Jesus Christ.We met a guy who was super-anti [Mormon] this week who started going off on the Book of Mormon...saying that we weren't Christian and all of that. I simply told him that I knew that Jesus Christ was my Savior. I knew that He died for my sins, and that He rose again on the third day. I knew that the Book of Mormon was true by the power of the Holy Ghost, and because as I read it I came to know my Savior better. His heart didn't soften, but he couldn't refute our testimonies. :)

Christ lives. He loves us. He is Risen. Truly He is Risen.

I love you mom!"





No comments:

Post a Comment