Sunday, April 6, 2014

Conference

This weekend was General Conference. My family were around me a lot of the weekend. We watched Conference at home and enjoyed several meals together. My grandchildren were here. I felt surrounded by love. The gratitude I feel for these blessings is enormous.

This afternoon, Elisa and I had the great privilege of attending Conference together in the Conference Center. The brother of one of the members of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles lives in my ward. He and his wife were both sick this weekend and could not attend the session. He receives tickets from his brother each Conference. His wife offered them to my husband and me. Jim couldn't go so Elisa went with me. We sat next to the daughter of the Apostle, the niece of the couple in my ward. She is a lovely woman. We were overwhelmed with our seats which were on the main floor, just a few rows from center front. It was hard to hold back the tears. I sat in the presence of men of God and the Lord's prophet. The feeling of collective goodness from all of them was tangible.

The messages of Conference were beautiful, uplifting, and helpful. I listened carefully. I believe God spoke through His chosen servants. I took notes every session and felt the guidance of the Lord in my life. I am humbled to be the recipient of the Lord's love for me through the words of His servants. I know Thomas S. Monson is the Lord's prophet on the earth today. I know it. The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is the Lord's true church. Of this, I have no doubt. I'm so grateful for General Conference.

No comments:

Post a Comment