Monday, May 12, 2014

I Love The Mother's Day Missionary Calls

I woke up yesterday to these beautiful roses being brought into me by my husband. He said Seth asked him to get them for me. He handed me a note from Seth that was very touching. He said, 

"Dear Mother,

You taught me how to live, you taught me how to walk, you taught me how to laugh, and you taught me how to be dedicated (all things I need on [my] mission).

You also taught me how to love my Savior, and you taught me His gospel.

Now I am sharing that Gospel with others, but on this Mother's Day I wanted to let you know that I love you so much! You are on my mind and [in] my heart, even though we are far away.

Love, your Son,
Elder Freeman

I didn't expect that. It meant a lot  and I was very grateful.

We were able to Skype with Seth at 12:30. The Skype connection wasn't great, but it was wonderful to see his face
 even if he was upside at first. :)
We got him turned right side up in short order and enjoyed the call. As is our tradition, we ended the call with family prayer. That's always the best part. He is doing well and looks good. Unfortunately, the call ended all too soon and so we'll have to wait until Christmas to talk again.

This is what he said in his email home this morning:
"Thanks so much for the call!! I loved being able to see you all. I miss you!! It really meant a lot. Thanks for the advice, and the love. God bless you all. And Nathan and Hannah are SO CUTE!! :)"
"
 I do love my family.
My girls underneath their pictures as children. :)
And don't even get me going about our
 DELIGHT at being grandparents!
I took this picture last Friday. It was a beautiful day on Temple Square and the sun was right behind the temple spires. I only had my cell phone to take this picture and the quality isn't great, but I just love the way it turned out. I am especially grateful for the blessings of the temple.
I took this picture the other day too, from my deck. 
What a great rainbow!
While I'm at it, I also took this one.
And this one.
It's pretty good even  if I say so myself.
I also took this one. 
Love it, love it, love it.

All in all, it's been a good couple of days. I couldn't have asked for a nicer Mother's Day. I heard from Ian and Jessa. They made it safely to their cross country destination. I enjoyed being with my girls and I had beautiful flowers to look at. Thankfully, I got to talk to my missionary son and feel gratitude for the blessing of being a mother. All around me, I am reminded of God's goodness and bountiful blessings, for which I am always grateful.








No comments:

Post a Comment