Sunday, June 15, 2014

Father's Day 2014

It was a nice, nice day. We had a pie and ice cream social after church today in the overflow area behind the chapel for Father's Day. Everyone seemed to enjoy that. Our church meetings were very good. We had a good lesson in Sunday School about Samuel the prophet in the Old Testament. There was a great scripture to ponder. God said, "..for them that honour me, I will honour..." 1 Samuel 2:30

I had a good chat with Ian. He and Jessa just got back from a cruise. Her grandparents sprang for a cruise for their entire family to celebrate their 50th Anniversary. A good time was had by all apparently.

We had some FABULOUS grilled sock-eye salmon for dinner tonight. It was amazing. We had great weather for a backyard picnic.
Hannah just keeps getting sweeter.
Sarah had a good time.
 Gregory never runs out of stories.
Happy Father's Day to the other father in the group. :)
Emma is always delightful,
even if she won't cooperate for a regular picture.
Wade is an all around pleasant guy.
My Mom enjoyed herself.
And I just love having my family around me.

I love the song the Primary kids sang today for Father's Day:
                                 
1. Our Father has a family. It’s me!
It’s you, all others too: we are His children.
He sent each one of us to earth, through birth,
To live and learn here in fam’lies.
[Chorus]
God gave us families to help us become what He wants us to be—
This is how He shares His love, for the fam’ly is of God.

2. A father’s place is to preside, provide,
To love and teach the gospel to his children.
A father leads in fam’ly prayer to share
Their love for Father in Heaven.
[Chorus]
3. A mother’s purpose is to care, prepare,
To nurture and to strengthen all her children.
She teaches children to obey, to pray,
To love and serve in the fam’ly.
[Chorus]
4. I’ll love and serve my family and be
A good example to each fam’ly member.
And when I am a mom or dad, so glad,
I’ll help my fam’ly remember:
God gave us families to help us become what He wants us to be—
This is how He shares His love, for the fam’ly is of God.

No comments:

Post a Comment