Monday, June 16, 2014

Well That Sure Is A Look Of Joy

I appreciate the emails that Seth sends each Monday. Thankfully, occasionally he also sends pictures. Today he talked about a baptism he attended this weekend. He talked about the joy he felt at the baptismal service and said it "was one of the best experiences of my whole life." He said, "I know that D&C 84:20 is true." I looked up that scripture. It reads, "Therefore, in the ordinances thereof, the power of godliness is manifest." It's true. The Spirit of the Lord does attend His servants as the ordinances of salvation are performed, such as baptism.
He sent a picture of him dressed in his whites. It is what the missionaries wear when they baptize someone. The person getting baptized also wears white." Baptism is literally, as well as a figure of the resurrection, a transplanting, or resurrection from one life to another—the life of sin to the life of spiritual life" (Joseph Fielding Smith). One who has authority from God performs the ordinance. Without the authority from God, the power of His Godliness would not be manifest.

I appreciate knowing that the Lord loves all His children. I love that He has oneof so manyin His army of missionaries who finds so much joy in His service. Seth always has this same smile on his face. One need only look at his face and feel his joy.  I miss him, but I am glad he's serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment