Tuesday, June 17, 2014

In Short, I Am Grateful To Be Counted A Missionary.

I've written before about Seth's best friend Nels. His conversion story is quite amazing. A year after he was baptized, he went on a mission. He is currently serving in Alaska. He and Seth went in the MTC on the same day and they keep in touch. Both are having very different growing and learning experiences. It's interesting to follow their progress. His Dad keeps a blog for him. I was impressed with two of the photos and a little snippet he wrote. I think it would be OK if I shared. It's very touching.
"I am back to living at my old apartment in Fairbanks...(in town for Zone Conference) and I have been out visiting all my friends I made up here. It has been simply wonderful to see and talk with them again and feel all their love, and gives me the opportunity to reflect on what I've been able to do in my year of missionary service. The people have so kindly assured me (quite unsolicited) of the difference I have made in their lives, and it can be seen in their smiles, it is the sweetest experience. Being back up here has also given me extra opportunity to reflect on all I have learned and how I have grown since leaving Fairbanks last November. We grow minute by minute, and if we don't take these moments to look back, we often miss our greatest growths and accomplishments.
  In short, I am grateful to be counted a missionary."
A typical day in the life of a missionary.

"How beautiful upon the mountains are the feet
 of him that bringeth good tidings, 
that publisheth peace; 
that bringeth good tidings of good, 
that publisheth salvation..."
 Isaiah 52:7

No comments:

Post a Comment