Friday, June 6, 2014

Writing, Designing, Studying Chinese, And Swimming

I've pretty much spent the whole week writing. I have discovered a new place for writing in my house that is very comfortable. There's a nice breeze through windows on three sides of the room and there is a lovely view. It helps me stay longer and write more. I've also redone the cover to my first book.


I will have to wait and see if I really like it when the proof comes. How many times can a person change a book cover? I redid the intro and the back cover as well. It just needed a little tweaking. The text is the same. I'm not really sure this is going to be the final cover though, we'll just have to wait and see.

I also enjoyed writing another chapter in the new book I am working on. 
I don't know if I will try and have it published by a regular publisher this time or just self-publish again. If I self-publish, I get to choose the cover I want. For right now, I am liking this one. I designed it myself. I think it will be the end of the year before it is finished though and those final decisions are made. So far, it's been very enjoyable to write and I love the topic.

What I do know is I enjoy writing. Most people have a hobby of some sort, this is mine. I enjoy the designing part as much as I enjoy the writing. Not many people have read my books, but gratefully the response from those who have has been positive.

I've also studied some Chinese this week. I find it helpful to listen to the General Conference talks in Chinese while reading them in English. I've been reviewing other basic Chinese language things I've learned over the years too. The reviews are good for me.

I went swimming this afternoon with Sarah and Nathan and Hannah at Sarah's condo. I enjoyed myself immensely!

Looking forward to a walking date with Jim this evening. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment