Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Catching Up

A lot has happened in the last couple of weeks and I am behind in blogging so here goes:
 I visited Ian and Jessa in Connecticut for a week.
We had a fabulous time together.
I LOVE Connecticut.
We went to Newport, Rhode Island on a drive.
It's one of my favorite places.
They loved it too.
We went to a beach near where they are staying that evening
watched a fabulous sunset
and enjoyed an amazing fireworks show on the lake!
It was one of the best I have ever seen.
It was so much fun.
The next day, we visited the site of the
 Hartford, Connecticut Temple in Farmington.
The steel frame is up and I love the way it sits on the temple lot.
We went to West Haven Beach...
 perhaps one of my most favorite places of all.
My sister Sue and her husband Bruce met us for dinner.
My niece Amber was also with us.
We had a GREAT time.
The next day I met Sue again.
 We actually had lunch at our brother Rob's grave.
 It was tender for sure because we both miss him so much.
A severe weather alert grounded my flight for almost 8 hours.
 Ugh!
And I wound up sleeping overnight in an airport. I kept telling myself it was better than camping. That helped. That was an experience to say the least, and I was happy to finally get home!
I came home to a beautiful yard!
There were blooming daisies
brown-eyed Susans
and purple cone flowers.
So pretty!
I made it home in time for Hannah's birthday...
and Nathan's...
their birthdays are five days apart.
A joint party was in order...
and they were thrilled.
Other Grandma Connie and Grandpa Yogi came.
Both Grandpa's share a birthday ten years apart.
Connie misses her Hannah and Nathan 
a lot because she lives in Canada.
Gregory brought in a nice surprise for Nathan.
Not sure what to say about this one. :)
He's growing up so fast.
They both are.

It was a great trip. I drove close to 800 miles. I love driving in Connecticut. It is one of my all time favorite places. I also went over to New York to do some genealogy research. I am waiting on a bunch of certificates to see what I may have found. It was wonderful to see Ian and Jessa doing so well and wonderful to visit with my sister. I feel blessed in so many ways and as always, am very grateful.

































No comments:

Post a Comment