Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Beautiful Savior

I really like this thought. I believe it. If you stop to think about it, it makes perfect sense. Jesus Christ is our Savior. His job, so to speak, is to save usand sometimes that means from the daily struggles of life which are all around us. As we turn our minds and our hearts to Himwe find peace, strength, and much needed help. It requires action on our part. He is there to help us. He wants to help us. Jesus Christ will not turn away from us as we turn towards Him. Acting in faith by turning towards our Savior yields the fruits of spiritual safety and peace amidst the storms of life. This is what Jesus said His mission is as our Savior:

“The Spirit of the Lord God is upon me; because the Lord hath anointed me to preach good tidings unto the meek; he hath sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim liberty to the captives, and the opening of the prison to them that are bound…to comfort all that mourn…to give unto them beauty for ashes, the oil of joy for mourning, the garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness…” (Isaiah 61:1-3)
Could there be anything more beautiful 
than embracing our Savior
 who died to do this for us?
 I don't think so.
 Jesus said, "I am the way, 
the truth, the life..." John 14:6

No comments:

Post a Comment