Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Thanks To The People Being Nice To The Missionaries

One of the hard things about being a missionary is the constant stream of rejections from people who aren't interested in the message. That's just the nature of missionary work. Mormon missionaries learn to live with it. It comes with the territory. That said, I was delighted to read the last paragraph of Seth's email this week:

"I am doing well. We received a lot of miracles in the form of new investigators and help from members this week. I had to get my bike fixed this week, and my companion had to have a doctor remove an ingrown toenail. Both of them did it for free. They weren't members, but they just were glad that we were serving the Lord. A member bought us 150 dollars worth of groceries. That was cool! Another member family that we bumped into a restaurant paid for our dinner. It was so nice to have so many people looking out for us.

God lives. He loves us. This is His church.
Love, Elder Freeman"

I don't know these kind people my son mentioned, but I say THANK YOU and may God bless you for your thoughtfulness. Color me happy.

1 comment:

  1. There is a sister missionary from our building going into the MTC tomorrow, and her mom asked if I could make some last minute clothing repairs for her. I told her I would love to, because I have a brother out serving, and I hope that if I serve the missionaries here then maybe someone will serve my brother. :)

    ReplyDelete