Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Truly Amazing Genealogy Finds

I try to do some genealogy on Wednesdays. There are many days where I find nothing. Some days I just try to tidy up my records, the list is never ending. The work is always cumulative. I find that if I do a little on a regular basis then it all adds up. I have NEVER experienced what I have experienced in the past two weeks though. Today I found 7 more sets of direct great grandparents for a total of 16 sets (32 in all) in the past two weeks. I am AMAZED by all of this. I am absolutely blown away. Genealogy doesn't happen this way. It takes a lot of work. I've been doing this for 20 years and it NEVER happens this way.  I honestly don't know what to say. I also found a new village where some of my ancestors came from. This picture is of Pohlbach, Germany in the Mosel River Valley again. I'm not sure if I've come to the end or not, but I've come to the end of the day and so it has to be enough for now. :)

Addendum: I counted wrong, it's actually 17 sets. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment