Friday, February 6, 2015

A Gift

I am finally getting around to posting about our recent trip to San Diego. Jim and I feel very much that it was a gift from the Lord. I felt impressed last February to book a trip there for this winter. We decided to go for two weeks to see if the sun and warm temperatures would do me good. They surely did. The most amazing part about it was that Jim was released from being a bishop on a Sunday, and we left for our trip three days later. We don't think that is a coincidence. We both feel as though it was a tender mercy from the Lord. Jim spent a great deal of time the first week sleeping hard. He took really long naps in the afternoons, about 2 1/2 to 3 1/2 hour naps. There were no ringing phones and no pressing meetings he had to go to, so his brain was really able to let go of long-held stress. He didn't have to worry about me because I was just happy to sit in the sun anywhere, and we enjoyed an abundance of sun while we were there. I felt wonderful. We were overwhelmed with the blessing on a daily basis and frequently expressed gratitude in our prayers. By the second week Jim was considerably rested, and I saw him return to the old Jim I've always known. His worried brow settled down, and he slept less. We both felt as though the accumulated stress had thankfully passed.

There are a lot of pictures I want to remember from this trip, so I will just post all of them in no particular order.  
Coronado beach on a beautiful day.
Just look at this happy, rested face.
The Point Loma lighthouse.
I LOVE this picture.
The view from our condo.
Another shot of the Coronado beach.
A view from the whale watching 
boat we went on.
It was great.
Jim's former first counselor, 
Milt, and his wife joined us.
Those were two happy men.
I loved to see Jim so relaxed.
Coronado beach again.
I sure loved that beach.
I did this a lot.
Because the beach was so great!
And I LOVE the beach!
It's my happy place.
Really.
Another view to remember.
And this one.
We visited Balboa Park while we were there.
They had beautiful orchids
in the botanical building.
We had to visit Little Italy as a must-see.
 We went to the San Diego temple three times.
Words can't describe how beautiful it is.
And then there were the sunsets.
AMAZING sunsets.
From the chair I sat in 
in our condo.
Nightly grandeur.
Unspeakable beauty.
More evidence of God's tender mercies.

No comments:

Post a Comment