Tuesday, May 26, 2015

I Trust I Shall Shortly See Thee

Seth closed his last misionary email home this way: "I had many things to write, but I will not with ink and pen write unto thee: but I trust I shall shortly see thee, and we shall speak face to face. Peace be to thee." 3 John 1:13-14

He will be home in two days. It's been a little hard to concentrate today because I haven't seem him in a long, long time, and I haven't seen that scripture in a long time. It is fitting as well. What mother wouldn't cry at something like that? I always have so many questions to ask him, but there is never enough time to ask them in an email let alone get them answered. But I can ask them soon enough and spend time finally getting full answers.

This is a picture of Seth when he headed off to his mission two years ago. He always has this same smile on his face.

Here is a little snippet from the rest of his email today:

"I feel so blessed to have [had] this privilege to serve. Truly: "doing good is a pleasure, a joy beyond measure, a blessing of duty and love." I have been blessed by my mission to the greatest degree. My testimony of Christ has grown so much and His love for all people. I want to become like and become a window to His love. I want to spend all my days in His service. I know He lives and that this is the fullness of His Gospel."

This is from last week's email:

"I know that Heavenly Father loves us more than we could ever understand. I know that is why He gave us His Son. That is why He has a plan for our salvation and eternal happiness. That is why He gives us prophets to teach us of His plan. I know that the Living God speaks. He acts. He is still a God of miracles because He loves us. I bear witness of this in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.

Love, Elder Freeman"
A last goodbye picture with his district.
Nice

See you soon Son.

I'll be the one at the airport trying to hold it together.

Love,
Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment